Head of Year
NEAT Academy Trust
Main/Upper Pay Range £30,000 - £46,525 per annum, TLR 2c - Current value £7,847 per annum
14th Jan 2024
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and dedicated Year Leader to support a designated year group through school, who has the drive and vision to build upon the school’s successes to date and develop a shared expectation of high educational standards in the school. You will champion our young people and relentlessly strive for the very best.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a successful track record as a teacher that demonstrates positive impact.
- Have the ability to engage colleagues and lead professional development, coaching and mentoring.
- Have experience of successfully developing, coaching and/or mentoring colleagues to improve the teaching skills of others.
Our school is one of seven primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East. We have a national research school, which aims to build and strengthen networks of schools throughout the region and help them access effective education research and implement it in everyday practice.
Benfield School is a fully inclusive 11-16 school it has a distinct ethos with strong sense of support and loyalty. Excellent relationships between students and staff and a purposeful learning environment is evident in lessons and around the modernised site. With this foundation, students have a strong platform to be confident, happy and are able to achieve their aspiration.
In return we offer:
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Irelands leading wellbeing provider.
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058 Coast Road.
Interested? If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying Person Specification and Job Description and complete an application form by clicking ‘apply now’ no later than midnight on Sunday 14th January 2024.
NEAT is committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website