Head of Music
Discover Learning Trust
MPS/UPS + TLR available for suitable candidate
6th Dec 2023
SCHOOL: Oxclose Community Academy
Address: Dilston Close, NE38 0LN
Tel: (0191) 4195120
Headteacher: Mrs P Hegarty
Number on Roll: 1111
Position: Head of Music
Start Date: Easter 2024
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR available for suitable candidate
An exciting opportunity has (due to promotion) for an enthusiastic and well qualified teacher to join our highly successful academy.
This position would suit Music teachers looking to become a head of department or existing heads of department wanting to work in this popular school with fantastic performing arts facilities.
Your role will be to lead and develop Music, to further raise student attainment for all learners and promote a love of Music. To collaborate with the Drama and Dance Departments to develop Performing Arts at Oxclose.
As the Head of Department, you will develop and lead an exciting and innovative curriculum which enables the highest level of pupil progress and attainment.
Ideal candidates will:
- have a passion for teaching music
- be an outstanding practitioner, with an unwavering commitment to the highest standards for teaching and learning
- have a proven track record of raising attainment at KS4
- take a creative approach to inspiring students
- have ability to engage all students in Music
- have successfully collaborated with Drama and/or Dance to create school productions/performances
Oxclose is a successful oversubscribed academy that is proud to be part of Washington and our local community.
For more information about the post, or an application pack, please contact the Laura Fittes via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. As part of our due diligence and to comply with our obligations in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, an online search of publicly available information will be undertaken for all shortlisted candidates. The successful applicant will be subject to provide an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: 12 noon – Wednesday 6th December 2023
Interviews: W/B 11th December 2023
Any potential applicants are welcome to visit us to see our fantastic academy for themselves.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Head of Music Advert Head of Music Job Description Head of Music Person Specification
Discover Learning Trust
The Discover Learning Trust
The Discover Learning Trust, a Multi Academy Trust, was established in 2013, following the sponsorship of Oxclose Village Primary School by Oxclose Community Academy. The Trust is responsible for the operation of two schools – Oxclose Primary Academy and Oxclose Community Academy (Secondary 11-16) in Washington, part of the City of Sunderland, Tyne and Wear. A unique feature of both schools is that we manage the physical and medical special needs specialist provision for Sunderland.
- To make a difference to our young people regardless of background
- To provide the skills and knowledge for all our young people to succeed in education, employment and life
- To be recognised as a first class inclusive, community based centre of academic excellence
- We serve, support and challenge our local communities with high aspirations for all in an inclusive, child centred culture
- We safeguard all members of our school communities
- We promote a culture of opportunity, tolerance, respect and care
- We aim to fulfil the potential of every individual
- We provide personalised academic opportunities through our broad curriculum provision to ensure success for all
- We provide the skills, knowledge and attitudes for all our young people to progress confidently and become successful, global citizens
- Inclusivity – Equal opportunity for everyone. Everyone is important
- Integrity – Everyone does the right thing
- Innovation – Everyone has the opportunity to be creative in their work
- Aspiration – Everyone is encouraged to be the best they can be
- Accountability – Everyone is responsible
- Resilient – Everyone is encouraged to develop strength of character