Head of Department – Art & Textiles
NEAT Academy Trust
Main/Upper Pay Range £30,000 - £46,525 per annum plus TLR 2b - current value £5,349 per annum
25th Feb 2024
Unleash your artistic passion and inspire the next generation as you lead our dynamic and evolving Art & Textiles department. Benfield School is looking to appoint to our newly created role of Head of the Art & Textiles Department.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future creative learning in our school. You’ll be working alongside an experienced and dedicated middle leadership team to create a curriculum which fosters artistic expression, high aspirations and critical thinking. The Art and Textiles role is newly formed from separating Art and Textiles from Food and Product Design, therefore you will have the opportunity to shape the role and make your mark. The department is based in 4 dedicated teaching rooms with a suite of computers in one of the rooms to support.
We are looking for someone who can inspire and influence and;
- Can evidence designing and teaching effective lessons that are personalised to learner needs.
- Has experience of contributing to the design, delivery and evaluation of a department’s curriculum.
- Can work well as a team with other staff, communicating to a variety of audiences.
Benfield School is a fully inclusive 11-16 school and it has a distinct ethos with strong sense of support and loyalty. Excellent relationships between students and staff and a purposeful learning environment is evident in lessons and around the modernised site. With this foundation, students have a strong platform to be confident, happy and are able to achieve their aspiration.
Our school is one of seven primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East. We have a national research school, which aims to build and strengthen networks of schools throughout the region and help them access effective education research and implement it in everyday practice.
In return we offer:
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Irelands leading wellbeing provider.
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058.
Interested? If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying Job Description and Person Specification and complete an application form via North East Jobs by clicking ‘apply now’ no later than midnight on Sunday 25th February 2024.
Please note that interviews are scheduled to take place on either 28th or 29th February 2024.
NEAT Academy Trust are committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website