Discover Learning Trust
NJC 7-11 £19,133 to £20,575
37 - Term Time Only Plus Specified Days (39 Weeks)
14th Jul 2023
Position: Graphic Designer – Whole Trust
Based at: Oxclose Community Academy
Address: Dilston Close, Washington, NE38 0LN
Advert Start Date: Tuesday 27th June 2023
Contract Type: Permanent
Scale: Grade E – NJC 7 to 11
Salary: £22,368 to £24,054 pro rata (Actual £19,133 to £20,575)
Hours Per Week: 37 Hours per Week – Term Time only plus specified days (39 weeks per year)
Required from: September 2023
Discover Learning Trust are looking to appoint highly creative, enthusiastic and full of ideas graphic designer, to join our friendly, hardworking team of support staff, who are committed to the continuous improvement of our Trust.
This integral role will require someone who thinks differently and can design wonderful original promotional materials to help our successful multi-academy trust go from strength-to-strength. From redeveloping brands, to creating prospectuses, developing creative recruitment campaigns, website design and animated content for social media, every day is different with a wide variety of designed content needed every week.
The successful applicant will join a vibrant learning community with enthusiastic and engaging students, where the workplace has a positive and caring ethos with an excellent learning environment and resources. The role will become a vital member of our hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff, where everyone is valued. An individual purpose-made design office will be available to the successful applicant, consisting of a full range of digital marketing technology.
This position is term time only plus specified days, over 39 weeks per year, which provides greater flexibility for family commitments, travelling or hobbies and will be able to discuss the flexibility they need for their working day. We provide an extremely supportive induction programme for new staff and excellent professional development opportunities. The successful candidate will also have the benefit of joining the local government pension scheme alongside free access to our on-site gym and access to free parking.
Discover Learning Trust is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share in this commitment. As part of our due diligence and to comply with our obligations in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, an online search of publicly available information will be undertaken for all shortlisted candidates. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Discover Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
For an application pack please contact Mrs L Fittes, Purchasing and Personnel Manager at email@example.com. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
To arrange an informal discussion regarding the role or a visit the school, please contact Mrs Fittes, as detailed above.
Application Closing Date: Midday – Friday 14th July 2023
Interviews: W/C 17th July 2023
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Graphic Designer Advert Graphic Designer Job Description Graphic Designer Person Specification
Discover Learning Trust
The Discover Learning Trust
The Discover Learning Trust, a Multi Academy Trust, was established in 2013, following the sponsorship of Oxclose Village Primary School by Oxclose Community Academy. The Trust is responsible for the operation of two schools – Oxclose Primary Academy and Oxclose Community Academy (Secondary 11-16) in Washington, part of the City of Sunderland, Tyne and Wear. A unique feature of both schools is that we manage the physical and medical special needs specialist provision for Sunderland.
- To make a difference to our young people regardless of background
- To provide the skills and knowledge for all our young people to succeed in education, employment and life
- To be recognised as a first class inclusive, community based centre of academic excellence
- We serve, support and challenge our local communities with high aspirations for all in an inclusive, child centred culture
- We safeguard all members of our school communities
- We promote a culture of opportunity, tolerance, respect and care
- We aim to fulfil the potential of every individual
- We provide personalised academic opportunities through our broad curriculum provision to ensure success for all
- We provide the skills, knowledge and attitudes for all our young people to progress confidently and become successful, global citizens
- Inclusivity – Equal opportunity for everyone. Everyone is important
- Integrity – Everyone does the right thing
- Innovation – Everyone has the opportunity to be creative in their work
- Aspiration – Everyone is encouraged to be the best they can be
- Accountability – Everyone is responsible
- Resilient – Everyone is encouraged to develop strength of character