French Teacher (Lead)
Unity City Academy
7th Feb 2024
Salary: MPR + AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme TPS+ Additional AET Benefits
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: ASAP 2024
Are you committed to academic excellence and supporting every child to succeed?
If the answer is YES, this is a real opportunity to join our team at Unity City Academy to be part of our exciting journey.
We are looking for an outstanding Modern Foreign Languages Teacher (Lead) of French who is really passionate about helping our students succeed and grow as individuals. You will be creative and innovative, with a proven track record of challenging the brightest students academically. Our focus is always on student progression and attainment and the successful candidate will be committed to achieving this. Applications from both experienced Teachers and ECTs would be welcomed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about languages;
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the academy;
- Have a relentless obsession about developing their own standards of teaching and learning to enable them to deliver excellent student outcomes;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development
- Have the opportunity to be the lead teacher of French within the department.
Unity City Academy is a successful and growing provider of 11 to 16 education in the east end of Middlesbrough. The Academy has recently achieved an Ofsted “Good” rating in all categories and has over 900 students on roll, 64% of whom are pupil premium. UCA is part of AET which in turn means we have access to a wide range of training and educational opportunities.
Unity City Academy has an incredibly passionate staff body that strives to ensure that children do not just achieve academic excellence but that our students are worldwise, cultured and proud of their individuality.
As part of the UCA family you will have:
- A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
- Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs;
- A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
- The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
- The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
- The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
Unity City Academy has six maxims which drives our vision and aspirations. These are:
- Excellence is a habit: high expectations and high performance;
- Aim high: results without excuses;
- Individuals matter: equality and diversity;
- Community and family: people first;
- Worldwise: citizens of tomorrow;
- Culture: fun and fundamentals.
Closing date: 7th Feb 2024
Interviews will be as soon as possible after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply today: https://aet.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/3955?c=aet&source=jobsinnortheast
Academies Enterprise Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a robust, fair and consistent recruitment process which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Unity City Academy
Welcome to Unity City Academy where our vision is of a school in which staff and students have a determination to succeed, a love of learning, pride in the academy and a strength of character. We are committed to ensuring that all students are equipped with the academic and emotional skills which will allow them to lead successful and fulfilling lives.
All students follow a vision programme which aims to develop nine key character traits (curiosity, courage, empathy, enthusiasm, gratitude, integrity, resilience, self-belief and self-control). These character traits have been shown to boost academic performance and increase the chances of future success. Tutors and pupils work closely to develop these characteristics, tracking pupil progress throughout the year and intervening where necessary.
In addition to the character development which takes place in academic learning sessions, students are invited to take part in a range of extracurricular activities and enrichment. These sessions focus on developing character traits and additional skills which will complement students’ academic achievements. This offering is supplemented by three ‘Super Citizen Days’ which allow students to spend additional time developing their understanding of social norms, future opportunities and British values.Visit School Website