Laidlaw Schools Trust
29th Jan 2024
Are you an ambitious and experienced Finance Director looking to make a significant impact on the growth and sustainability of a dynamic multi-academy trust? Laidlaw Schools Trust, situated in the vibrant North East of England, is seeking a talented individual to join our executive team and contribute to our progressive vision.
About Us: We are a rapidly growing multi-academy trust serving the communities in Newcastle, Wearside and Sedgefield. Committed to inclusivity and social equality, we take pride in supporting every child to develop their talents and achieve their academic potential. Generously backed by the Laidlaw Foundation, we are poised for substantial growth in the coming years.
What you will do: As the Finance Director, you will be a key player in driving our financial strategy, planning and execution. Reporting directly to the CEO & Accounting Officer, you will oversee all financial activities, provide leadership to the finance team and collaborate with other leaders to ensure the financial health and sustainability of the Trust including:
- Developing and implementing financial strategies aligned with our overall vision.
- Leading the finance team and ensuring effective financial management.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to drive financial planning and analysis.
- Making brave decisions and forging new paths for organisational growth.
- Embracing change and challenging the norm with an open-minded approach.
What you will need:
- Proven experience in a senior financial leadership role.
- Expertise in financial management, strategic planning and financial analysis.
- Ambition for personal and organisational growth.
- Courage to make decisions with a forward-thinking mindset.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and 31 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension with generous employer contributions.
- Central Newcastle office base with free parking.
- HSF Healthcare Plan and Perkbox discounts.
- Commitment to learning and development with full support for career progression.
- Access to NHS car leasing scheme and cycle-to-work programs.
Join us in shaping the future of education and contributing to the success of children and families in our region. If you’re ready for a challenging and rewarding role, apply now to be part of our vibrant team.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this post, please contact: Hannah Kiernan, Talent Acquisition Lead firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role please complete our application form or email your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria for this role as outlined in the job description and person specification to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 29 January 2024.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Laidlaw Schools Trust
Laidlaw Schools trust (LST) is a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) serving areas of deprivation in Newcastle and Sunderland. It currently comprises two all-through academies, Excelsior Academy educating pupils from 2 – 19 years with Academy 360 teaching students from 4 – 16 years, and four primary academies in Newcastle and Sunderland.Visit School Website