EYFS Class Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
MPS 1-6 / UPS 1-3 (£28,000- £43,685 per annum)
25th May 2023
Location: Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Byermoor, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE16 6NU
Grade: MPS 1-6/ UPS 1-3 (£28,000 – £43,685 per annum)
Hours: Full time, temporary contract from 1st September 2023 until the return of the substantive post holder.
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School has been educating children from its community since 1873. The school provides a warm, caring and inclusive community where everybody is valued and nurtured. We are committed to the achievement of every single child not only to develop a growth mindset, but make exceptional progress enabling everyone to reach their full potential in union with God, and to live our mission statement: “Growing Together, Learning Together, Achieving Together in Christ”. We are currently graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
We are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest catholic education trust in the North East of England with a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
We wish to appoint a committed, well-qualified and highly effective EYFS Class Teacher who has the ability to motivate young people of all abilities and will be able to work well in a team. This is a temporary position to cover a maternity leave, commencing on 1st September 2023 until the return of the substantive post holder.
We are seeking an individual to:
- Support the Catholic ethos of the school and adhere to the school mission statement- ‘growing together, learning together, achieving together in Christ’.
- Implement and deliver an appropriate broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils.
- Incorporate the National Curriculum requirements and in line with the curriculum policies of the school.
- Facilitate, support and monitor the overall progress and development of your class.
- Foster a learning environment and educational experience which provides pupils with the opportunity for fulfil their individual potential.
- Share in the development of the school curriculum, courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and their review.
- Direct and supervise the work of the support staff in the classroom, to ensure that they are progressing the learning of pupils at all times.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of teaching in EYFS as part of teaching placements or experience;
- High expectations of all children in both achievement and behaviour.
- Knowledge of a range of teaching and learning styles.
- Experience of working with children with SEND and supporting children to catch up on key areas of learning.
- Knowledge and understanding of the monitoring, assessment, recording and recording of pupils’ progress.
- Be organised and creative.
- The ability to inspire and motivate children.
- Experience of supporting or leading a subject where appropriate.
For an application form and further details about this vacancy please visit our website http://bwcet.com/vacancies/ where applications can be completed online.
Closing date: Thursday 25th May 2023
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 5th June 2023
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, formerly The Trinity Catholic Multi Academy Trust was set up on 1 February 2012. Cardinal Hume Catholic School, Gateshead was the first school in the trust.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, is currently a family of 5 secondary schools and 21 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Trust is expanding rapidly and will reach a total of 48 schools by Summer 2022.
We feel very privileged to be able to work with our wonderful children and the amazingly gifted and dedicated staff and leaders across all of our schools. Our motivation and general philosophy are built on ever improving standards of discipline, nurture and care, teaching and learning and quality of leadership. Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust will be a partnership that affirms the dignity of the individual. The person is at the heart of Christ’s teaching: this is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of our Trust.Visit School Website