EYFS Class Teacher
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
MPS 1-6 / UPS 1-3 (£28,000 - £43,685 per annum)
3rd Jul 2023
Location: St Mary and St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Primary School, Stella Lane, Blaydon, NE21 4NE
Grade: MPS 1-6 / UPS 1-3 (£28,000 – £43,685 per annum)
Hours: Full time, 1 year fixed term contract until 31st August 2024
St Mary and St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Primary School is a one-form entry primary school in Stella, Gateshead serving the community of Stella. We aim to develop the talents of each pupil as a unique individual whose full potential can be developed in a community which has Christ at its centre.
St Mary and St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Primary School are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest catholic education trust in the North East of England and will have a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
We are looking to appoint an excellent practitioner with the highest possible expectations for pupils’ well-being and learning, and who is able to nurture, inspire and motivate children to achieve their personal best as outlined in our Mission Statement:
“We value every child as an individual and take every opportunity to encourage and support their continued spiritual, physical, moral, social; and intellectual growth and development.”
We are seeking an individual who:
- Is a practising Catholic or who is willing to support the Catholic ethos of our school
- Is an inspirational teacher and demonstrates outstanding practice in the Early Years curriculum
- Can create a stimulating, organised and interactive learning environment
- Has highly effective communication skills and a commitment to working collaboratively
- Is prepared to be involved in all aspects of school life
The successful candidate will have:
- Classroom experience in Early Years Foundation Stage
- Knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
- High expectations of all children in achievement and behaviour
- Experience of working with EAL and SEND children
- Knowledge of a range of teaching and learning styles
We can offer you:
- Happy, polite, motivated and enthusiastic pupils who are proud of their school.
- A supportive, caring and secure environment for learning underpinned by a strong Catholic ethos.
- Dedicated teaching and support staff with ambition and high expectations for the school’s continued development.
- A supportive wider school and parish family.
- The support of an actively involved Local Governing Committee
For an application form and further details about this vacancy please visit our website http://bwcet.com/vacancies/ where applications can be completed online
Closing date: Monday, 3rd July 2023
Interview date: TBC
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, formerly The Trinity Catholic Multi Academy Trust was set up on 1 February 2012. Cardinal Hume Catholic School, Gateshead was the first school in the trust.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, is currently a family of 5 secondary schools and 21 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Trust is expanding rapidly and will reach a total of 48 schools by Summer 2022.
We feel very privileged to be able to work with our wonderful children and the amazingly gifted and dedicated staff and leaders across all of our schools. Our motivation and general philosophy are built on ever improving standards of discipline, nurture and care, teaching and learning and quality of leadership. Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust will be a partnership that affirms the dignity of the individual. The person is at the heart of Christ’s teaching: this is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of our Trust.Visit School Website