Exams and Data Officer
James Calvert Spence College
22,046 - 24,160 (actual)
14th Aug 2023
Be Kind. Work Hard. Aim High
Looking for a new challenge? Come to work in a flourishing community. James Calvert Spence College is seeking an enthusiastic Exams and Data Officer to join our team and provide an effective and efficient data service and ensure exams are delivered efficiently and in line with JCQ regulations.
Do you have what we need?
• A self-starter, who can work independently within agreed procedures
• The ability to prioritise your workload to meet deadlines without compromising on quality
• A supportive team player, interacting with staff and students
• Meticulous with attention to detail
• Hardworking with a ‘can do’ attitude
• A positive manner and approach
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to analyse, monitor and track data and assessments
What can we offer you?
• A good work life balance with an annualised hours contract to give flexibility to meet deadlines and a
term time contract
• An opportunity to work in a ‘good’ school within a passionate and highly skilled team
• Access to salary sacrifice schemes, including cycle to work, childcare vouchers and lease cars
• Eligibility for membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
• A tailored CPD programme to meet your developmental needs
This is an fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference. The successful candidate does not need to have previous experience in the education sector, but a desire to give children the best educational school experience. If you share our ethos of be kind, work hard and aim high then we would be delighted to hear from you.
JCSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:
James Calvert Spence College
James Calvert Spence College is a school that welcome students from year 5 through to Sixth Form. Based in Amble in Northumberland, we are situated in one of the most beautiful areas of the UK, including the historic village of Warkworth and its castle to the north, the picturesque fishing village of Amble, and an area of outstanding national beauty at Druridge Bay.
As a parent, one of the most important decisions you will have to make is to choose the correct school for your child. It needs to be the right environment for them staffed with caring professionals who all have the same positive attitude towards what makes a school exceptional. James Calvert Spence College provides all of this and more.
We have high aspirations for all of our students – we expect them to show determination and a desire to achieve highly, and in return we offer unwavering support throughout their years with us. In Key stage 4 and the sixth form, we offer a wide range of GCSE, A-Level and vocational courses to make sure that there is a relevant pathway into Higher Education, further training or employment for everyone.
In 2019, our Key Stage 4 results placed us 6th in the county based on the main indicator of Progress 8, and our Sixth Form ranked 5th in the county for performance and progress for those aged 16-19. Although rankings were not available for 2020 due to the impact of coronavirus, the vast majority of our Year 13 students earned a place at University or progressed to their choice of education, training or employment. Many of our students gained truly outstanding results and left JCSC fully prepared for the next stage in their lives.
The governors and staff of the college are committed to its continuing development and improvement, to ensure that it provides education of the highest quality for all students. We are proud to serve the young people of Amble and the surrounding area and we understand how important it is for us to be at the heart of our community.Visit School Website