Dual Role of Chief Financial Officer & School Business Manager
Redcar & Cleveland
DUAL ROLE of CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER & SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
SCP 38 £40,760 (Pro-rata)Term time only plus 5 days (39 weeks) 15 hours per week
SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER
SCP 28 £31,371 (Pro-rata) Term time only plus 5 days (39 weeks) 18 hours per week (can be negotiated)
Required for September 2020 or as soon as possible after
Steel River Multi-Academy Trust seeks to appoint a dynamic and highly motivated person to fulfil the dual role of Chief Financial Officer for the Academy Trust and School Business Manager for Bankfields School. The successful candidate must be passionate about working to secure the best possible outcomes for all our children, families and the wider community.
- To ensure the financial sustainability of the MAT
- To liaise with each academy for the procurement, provision, commissioning, monitoring, quality-assurance and cost-effectiveness of services provided by the MAT
- To ensure that all requirements of the Department for Education, the Education Skills Funding Agency and the Academies Financial Handbook are met
- To prepare monthly consolidated accounts
- To prepare annual consolidated accounts and budget forecast for the Trust
- Be the designated Data Protection Officer for the Trust
- To produce timely, accurate and appropriate reports and financial forecasts for the MAT
- To consolidate the Academy budgets and hence produce the Trust’s budget. Liaise with Academy heads so as to achieve best value
- To take responsibility for the speedy and effective introduction of financial systems and processes in academies joining the MAT
- To oversee the provision of appropriate business support (e.g. HR, finance, ICT and audit) for academies within the MAT in order to achieve best value
- To oversee the procedures to ensure that all academies are compliant with the requirements of the Academies Financial Handbook and Companies House and operate under appropriate schemes of delegation
- To liaise with external auditors
- To maintain the Trust’s risk register
- To liaise with Pay role and HR providers on all Trust matters
- Prepare and administer Monthly VAT claims
- To undertake such other duties of a similar nature as may from time to time be required
SCOOL BUSINESS MANAGER
- Lead on finance, health and safety, site management, HR and safeguarding
- Ensure effective systems and procedures in all aspects of school administration
- Provide month end finance documentation
- Plan and prepare budget forecast
- Promote our school and secure funding from various sources
- Be a positive and enthusiastic individual who demonstrates commitment, is a strategic thinker and has effective financial management skills
- You will enjoy taking the initiative; have resilience and the ability to manage people effectively
We can offer:
- A friendly, caring and supportive ethos
- Polite and well-motivated pupils
- A dedicated and enthusiastic team of staff and trustees
- Well-resourced quality learning environments
- Support from colleagues within all our schools
- Opportunities to continue your own professional development
Steel River Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to DBS check along with relevant employment checks.
Closing date for applications: 25th August
Interviews will be held on: 3rd September
Please contact the Headteacher at Bankfields Primary School at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01642 453157.
All supporting documentation is available on steelriveracademytrust.co.uk.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:
Bankfields Primary School is situated in Eston, between Middlesbrough and Redcar. The school is on a large open site, at the foot of the Eston Hills, with extensive playing fields, two playground areas and a MUGA. The catchment area served by the school is made up of mainly municipal housing plus a small private estate.
There are currently 270 full time pupils plus 78 part time nursery places. The staff work hard as an enthusiastic team to provide stimulating educational experiences for all pupils and offer a very high level of commitment to their role in school. A wide range of extra curricular activities takes place at lunchtime and at the end of the school day for children of all ages.
The school had a very successful Ofsted inspection in September 2018.