Director of Learning – Maths and Computer Science
NEAT Academy Trust
Leadership Group L6 - L10 (£50,122 - £55,360 per annum)
22nd Oct 2023
We’re excited to recruit to this post following an internal promotion within our Senior Leadership Team. The Director of Learning for Maths and Computer Science will contribute to formulating aims and objectives for St Hild’s Church of England School, helping to establish policies and practice. You would also be responsible for developing and evaluating your area of the curriculum to ensure it remains ambitious, whilst meeting the needs of all learners.
Our school is one of six primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East.
St Hild’s Church of England School is in an exciting phase of its development and has high ambition for its pupils. With a strong Christian ethos we work effectively across the whole community to improve and enrich the lives of children. We are incredibly proud to be an inclusive school with a higher than average number of children who have additional needs. As a result we prioritise high quality classroom teaching and provide bespoke support where appropriate.
We are looking for someone who can inspire and influence and who:
• Is an excellent teacher with experience of implementing strategies that raise pupil attainment.
• Has experience of effectively managing a classroom.
• Can evidence their commitment to continued professional development.
• Has the highest expectation of achievement, attainment, behaviour and ethos.
• Has a willingness to contribute to whole school activities.
In return we offer:
• Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
• The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
• Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
• Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme, delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Ireland’s leading wellbeing provider.
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive in a collegiate and positive atmosphere, then please read the accompanying person specification and job description, visit https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/Director_of_Learning_Maths_Computer_Science/251700 and click ‘apply now’ to complete an application form no later than midnight Sunday 22nd October 2023.
Please note the post is to start in January 2024. Interviews are planned to take place week commencing 23rd October 2023.
NEAT Academy Trust are committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website