Director of Learning – English
NEAT Academy Trust
Leadership Pay Range L9 - L13 (£57,482 - £63,430 per annum)
4th Dec 2023
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled and enthusiastic director of learning for English to join our English department and lead on educational outcomes of learners within Key Stages 3-4 across the curriculum area. The successful candidate will lead on the development, implementation and evaluation of the curriculum whilst carrying out effective teaching and learning and monitoring pupil attainment.
Our school is one of six primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East. We have a national research school, which aims to build and strengthen networks of schools throughout the region and help them access effective education research and implement it in everyday practice.
Benfield School is a fully inclusive 11-16 school. It has a distinct ethos with strong sense of support and loyalty. Excellent relationships between students and staff and a purposeful learning environment is evident in lessons and around the modernised site. With this foundation, students have a strong platform to be confident, happy and are able to achieve their aspiration.
We are looking for a someone who can inspire and influence and who:
- Has experience of line managing and motivating a team.
- Has a successful track record as a teacher that demonstrates high quality teaching and learning and positive impact on learner outcomes.
- Experience of teaching in a secondary school.
- Proven experience of successfully managing change.
In return we offer:
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of Teachers Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Irelands leading wellbeing provider.
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying job description and person specification and click ‘apply now’ to complete an online application form no later than midnight on Monday 4th December 2023.
NEAT Academy Trust are committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website