Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
L6-L10 (£50,368- £55,633 per annum)
4th Oct 2023
Location: St Philip Neri Catholic Primary School, Ellison Road, Dunston, Gateshead, NE8 2QU
Grade: L6-L10 (£50,368- £55,633 per annum)
Hours: Full time, Permanent
St Philip Neri Catholic Primary School in Dunston is proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest Catholic Education Trust in the North East of England and has a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
Applications are invited from practising and committed Catholics for the post of Deputy Headteacher at St Philip Neri Catholic Primary School, to work closely with the Headteacher to lead the school in the next exciting phase in its development.
We are looking for an individual who has excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to bring people together to work as a cohesive team and with a drive to build upon the existing success of the school.
At St Philip Neri Catholic Primary School, we aim to provide a learning environment in which each child feels valued and can fulfil their potential. We provide a safe and inclusive school, where every child is celebrated for who they are, reflecting the Gospel values of love, trust and respect which are central to the school’s mission statement.
We are seeking an individual to:
- Establish and sustain a Christ centred vision embodied in the school’s Catholic mission, ethos and strategic direction in partnership with the parish and Trust, those responsible for governance and through consultation with the school community and diocese.
- Establish and sustain high-quality, expert teaching across all subjects and phases, built on an evidence-informed understanding of effective teaching and how pupils learn.
- Ensure high standards of pupil behaviour through the promotion of the virtues and courteous conduct in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy.
- Establish and sustain ethos, culture and practices rooted in the distinctive characteristics of Catholic education that enable pupils to access the curriculum and learn effectively.
- Prioritise the professional development of staff, ensuring effective planning, delivery and evaluation which is consistent with the approaches laid out in the standard for teachers’ professional development.
- Ensure the protection and safety of pupils and staff through effective approaches to safeguarding, as part of the duty of care.
- To work alongside the headteacher to careful and effective implementation of improvement strategies, which lead to sustained school improvement over time.
- Commit their school to work successfully with other Catholic schools and other schools and organisations in a climate of mutual challenge and support.
- Establish and sustain a professional working relationship with those responsible for governance which is inspired by a Christ centred vision of human formation.
- Be one of the school’s deputy designated safeguarding leads.
- Lead teaching and learning as a classroom practitioner with a teaching responsibility.
The successful candidate will have:
- Secure understanding of the distinctive nature of the Catholic school and Catholic education.
- Evidence of appropriate professional development for the role of deputy headteacher.
- Had active and effective leadership of a team/key stage/curriculum area.
- Had experience of and ability to contribute to staff development (e.g. coaching, mentoring, INSET for staff).
- Significant teaching experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
A visit to the school is warmly welcomed and positively encouraged. Please contact Mrs J McKie at the school office for arrangements.
For an application form and further details about this vacancy please visit our website http://bwcet.com/vacancies/ where applications can be completed online.
Closing date: 4th October 2023
Interview date: 16th October 2023
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, formerly The Trinity Catholic Multi Academy Trust was set up on 1 February 2012. Cardinal Hume Catholic School, Gateshead was the first school in the trust.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, is currently a family of 5 secondary schools and 21 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Trust is expanding rapidly and will reach a total of 48 schools by Summer 2022.
We feel very privileged to be able to work with our wonderful children and the amazingly gifted and dedicated staff and leaders across all of our schools. Our motivation and general philosophy are built on ever improving standards of discipline, nurture and care, teaching and learning and quality of leadership. Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust will be a partnership that affirms the dignity of the individual. The person is at the heart of Christ’s teaching: this is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of our Trust.Visit School Website