Data and Information Governance Manager
NEAT Academy Trust
N9 £43,421 - £46,464 per annum
15th Nov 2023
Our trust is a collaborative partnership of six primary and secondary schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East. The vision for our trust is to be an outstanding MAT, providing the best education, and outcomes for all of our students.
You will be responsible for providing expertise across the trust to support leaders in relation to the processing, analysis and reporting of education performance data and to act as the key trust contact for all information governance matters. You will ensure the trust complies with statutory legislation, aware of national/local intelligence whilst supporting the leadership teams. You will support various teams across the trust to lead whole trust data management, producing insightful reports and statistical returns which will support in decision making.
You will provide proactive Information Governance support, offering specialist technical advice and ensuring that relevant strategies and policies are fit for purpose, effective and compliant with legislation. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in reviewing and updating our Information Governance policy framework
- Maintaining Records of Processing Activity, Information Asset Registers and Records Retention Schedules
- Giving an initial response and ad hoc advice in relation to data breaches
- Contribute to organisation-wide projects
- Ensuring appropriate and timely responses to Freedom of Information (FOI) & Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR)
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with knowledge and experience of Information Governance legal requirements including Data Protection Act /UK General Data Protection Regulation, the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations. Some of the key skills we are looking for include:
- Excellent communication skills – with the ability to translate complex and technical information to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent time management and strong prioritisation skills in order to meet deadlines
- Able to build and maintain strong, productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Critical reasoning skills and the ability to interpret information.Experienced and competent in data management and information governance and be able to confidently advise schools/trading entities on such matters.
Whilst it is possible to provide schools with some support remotely, there maybe times when you will be required to travel within the region.
In return we offer:
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pensions Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Irelands lead.
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058 Coast Road.
If you would like to find out more about this unique opportunity? We can arrange an informal discussion with Lisa Bilton, Head of Business Services, on 0191 2284090.
Interested? If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying Person Specification and Job Description and complete an application form via North East Jobs using this link https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/Data_and_Information_Governance_Manager/253904 no later than midnight on Thursday 16th November 2023 .
NEAT Academy Trust is committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website