6th Nov 2023
To supervise students in class during absence of their class teacher (short term) in accordance with school policy.
- To promote positive values, attitudes and good student behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with the Code of Conduct, encouraging students to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- To administer clear instructions to the class, based on the detailed work set, and actively supervise students as they carry out the instructions.
- To provide objective and accurate feedback to the teacher on the conduct of the lesson.
- To take class registers.
- To liaise with the subject leader, where possible, to ensure that instructions are clarified.
- To liaise with Teaching Assistants regarding individual students being supported in class.
- To provide feedback on learning activities.
- To make appropriate use of equipment and resources and support the use of ICT.
- • To work co-operatively with the admin and support teams and provide assistance as necessary to all parents, students, staff, governors and other relevant stakeholders.
- To supervising students on visits, trips and out of school activities that fall within the normal hours of work of the post holder.
- To assist with the supervision of students during breakfast, break and lunchtimes.
- To maintain and update classroom and corridor displays as required.
- To invigilate exams as required.
- To act as a learning mentor to students.
- Maintain personal expertise, to be a role model and promote high expectations for all members of the school community through your role within the structure.
- To model the values, ethos and vision of the Trust.
- Demonstrate and promote commitment to equal opportunities and to the elimination of behaviour and practices that could be discriminatory
- To maintain at all times, the utmost confidentiality with regard to all records, personal data relating to staff, pupils and other information of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Attend relevant meetings as required. Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, child protection, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person. Show a duty of care to pupils and staff and take appropriate action to comply with health and safety requirements at all times. Be aware of, and support, difference and ensure that all pupils have access to opportunities to learn and develop.