St Stephens RC Primary School
Grade 1 - £5888.00 pa
31st Dec 2023
Grade 1 – £5888 per annum (including term time pro rata)
Term Time contract + 1 week (195 days) with potential for overtime in the summer holidays
12.5 hours per week – working pattern 3.20pm-5.50pm.
The Headteacher and Governors of St. Stephen’s Catholic Primary School are looking to appoint a cleaner to work alongside our current team.
Purpose of the Post
To work under the direct instruction of the headteacher or designated member of staff, usually as part of a team to undertake the cleaning of designated areas within the school premises to ensure they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition. Duties will include cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying of litter bins, polishing and dusting of the designated areas (which may include toilets and shower areas) and fixtures and fittings using, where appropriate, powered equipment. Duties may vary between term and closure periods.
- Flexible regarding working hours and variety of tasks.
- Thorough approach to work and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both as a team member and unsupervised, using own initiative, where necessary.
- No formal qualifications necessary.
- Able to comply with Health and Safety legislation.
- Ability to promote a safe working environment for yourself and colleagues.
The governing body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application forms and job description are available from our website or school office.