NEAT Academy Trust
Grade 1 £22,366 per annum (Actual Salary £6,044 or £7,556)
2 positions available; 10 hours per week or 12.5 hours per week
25th Feb 2024
These posts are full year with the following working patterns Monday – Friday;
- Part time, 10 hours per week, 3:30pm – 5:30pm, actual salary £6,044.
- Part time, 12 hours per week, 3:30pm – 6pm, actual salary £7,556.
We are seeking to appoint two cleaners to join our site team at Whitehouse Primary School. You will work to undertake the cleaning of designated areas within the school to ensure they are kept clean and hygienic. Duties will vary between term time and school closure periods, but will include; cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying of bins, polishing and dusting. The role will may also include maintaining toilets and shower areas too.
The successful candidate will have;
- A working knowledge of health and safety that they can apply to the role.
- An ability to establish positive relationships with others to work as part of the wider site team.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and an understanding of using cleaning equipment would be desirable.
Our school is one of seven primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East. We have a national research school, which aims to build and strengthen networks of schools throughout the region and help them access effective education research and implement it in everyday practice.
In return we offer:
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of the Local Government Pensions Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Irelands leading wellbeing provider.
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058 Coast Road.
Interested? If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying Job Description and Person Specification and complete an application form via North East Jobs by clicking ‘apply now’ no later than midnight on Sunday 25th February 2024.
NEAT is committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website