Class Teacher (Two Posts)
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
MPS 1 - 6 / UPS 1 – 3 (£28,000- £43,685 per annum)
9th Jun 2023
Location: St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Front Street, Stanley, Co. Durham, DH9 0NP
Grade: MPS 1-6 / UPS 1-3 (£28,000 – £43,685 per annum)
Hours: Permanent, full time
Required from September 2023.
St. Joseph’s is a happy, welcoming, successful and forward-looking catholic school. We have an excellent reputation in the local community, with fabulous children who enjoy learning. The governors are seeking to appoint a talented, committed and enthusiastic teacher to join our dedicated and dynamic team.
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest Catholic Education trust in the North East of England with a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
We have an exciting opportunity for two Class Teachers’ to join our team in September 2023.
We are looking for a self-motivated class teacher who will:
- Be supportive of the catholic ethos of the school;
- Have experience teaching within the primary age range;
- Be a dedicated, motivated and skillful teacher who is passionate and reflective about learning and teaching, ensuring that every child reaches their potential’
- Be committed to raising standards and have the ability to drive and accelerate progress;
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of pupils’ behaviour and achievements;
- Be creative, enthusiastic, flexible and work well as part of a team;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to engage positively with all members of the school community;
- Have a desire to be involved in the full life of our catholic school.
We can offer:
- A strong catholic ethos, rooted in Gospel values;
- Enthusiastic and friendly children who are keen to learn in a kind, caring and supportive environment;
- A supportive management team and Local Governing Committee;
- A culture of improvement in all facets of school life.
The successful candidate will have:
- A very good knowledge and understanding of the primary curriculum areas and the relevant statutory and non-statutory curricular/frameworks;
- The ability to design and teach effective lessons and learning activities across the relevant curriculum, age and ability ranges including personalising learning to meet individual needs;
- An understanding and ability to set realistic and challenging targets and be able to assess and review learners’ progress;
- A very good, up to date working knowledge and understanding of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies;
- A very good knowledge of current legislation, policies and guidance on the safeguarding of learners and the promotion of their well-being.
For an application form and further details, about this vacancy, please visit our website http://bwcet.com/vacancies/ where applications can be completed online.
Closing date: Friday 9th June 2023
Interview date: To be confirmed
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, formerly The Trinity Catholic Multi Academy Trust was set up on 1 February 2012. Cardinal Hume Catholic School, Gateshead was the first school in the trust.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, is currently a family of 5 secondary schools and 21 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Trust is expanding rapidly and will reach a total of 48 schools by Summer 2022.
We feel very privileged to be able to work with our wonderful children and the amazingly gifted and dedicated staff and leaders across all of our schools. Our motivation and general philosophy are built on ever improving standards of discipline, nurture and care, teaching and learning and quality of leadership. Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust will be a partnership that affirms the dignity of the individual. The person is at the heart of Christ’s teaching: this is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of our Trust.Visit School Website