Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
MPS 1-6 (£28,000 to £38,810 per annum)
Full time, Permanent
9th Oct 2023
Location: St Joseph’s Catholic Infant and Junior Schools, Birtley
Grade: MPS 1-6 (£28,000 to £38,810 per annum)
Hours: Full time, Permanent
Start date: Monday 8th January 2023
We are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest catholic education trust in the North East of England, which will be a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
In 2019, St Joseph’s Catholic Infant and Junior Schools were federated, to form one community. The federated schools were the only school in Gateshead LA to have been selected as part of the DfE 2022 Rebuild Programme. Consequently, we hope to have a new school site within the next three years, which seeks to bring together the two school communities, to form one family.
We pride ourselves on the warm, family atmosphere we provide for our children. The uniqueness of our small community means that every member of staff knows every child well and this enables us to develop very strong relationships with all of our families. The senior leadership team are unashamedly ambitious for the schools.
We are seeking to appoint a teacher who:
- is an exceptional classroom teacher with a proven track record
- possesses a thorough knowledge of the full primary curriculum from design to delivery
- will make a significant contribution to the Catholic life of the school
- is a firm, unrelenting advocate of inclusion, safeguarding and SEND
- can employ inclusive classroom strategies as well as intervention programmes to support pupils’ learning
- is confident in supporting parental engagement
- has high personal and professional standards contributing extensively to school life
- values the learning environment as an extension of teaching and learning
- seeks to capitalise on enrichment activities and extra-curricular visits to develop the lived experience of our pupils
- has excellent communication skills and is able to work effectively with all stakeholders
We are looking to appoint someone who is passionate about primary education in a Catholic school and is aspirational for themselves and the pupils whom they teach. The post provides a fabulous opportunity for a motivated teacher, to take up a post, with the support of an experienced leadership team.
We can offer:
- friendly and supportive staff, parents and an effective and committed local governing committee
- extensive support and opportunities for professional development
- the prospect of a modern, purpose-built building pending planning permission
- opportunities to grow and learn with an experienced leadership team who are outward looking
This role may require deployment at both the infant and junior school sites; therefore, the successful candidate needs to be flexible and accommodating to meet the needs of the schools. Candidates should state their areas of expertise, experience and interests, within their supporting statement.
For an application form and further details about this vacancy please visit our website http://bwcet.com/vacancies/ where applications can be completed online.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Closing date: Monday 9th October 2023
Lesson observations: Monday 16th October 2023
Interview date: Tuesday 17th October 2023
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, formerly The Trinity Catholic Multi Academy Trust was set up on 1 February 2012. Cardinal Hume Catholic School, Gateshead was the first school in the trust.
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, is currently a family of 5 secondary schools and 21 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Trust is expanding rapidly and will reach a total of 48 schools by Summer 2022.
We feel very privileged to be able to work with our wonderful children and the amazingly gifted and dedicated staff and leaders across all of our schools. Our motivation and general philosophy are built on ever improving standards of discipline, nurture and care, teaching and learning and quality of leadership. Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust will be a partnership that affirms the dignity of the individual. The person is at the heart of Christ’s teaching: this is why the promotion of the human person is the goal of our Trust.Visit School Website