Chef (Senior School)
Dame Allans Schools
County Durham, Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland, South Tyneside, Sunderland
19th Sep 2023
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing stores and deliveries;
- To plan, prepare and cook menu items as directed by the Catering Manager;
- Cooking food – use of Rationale, fryers and solid top ovens;
- Replenish all hot cupboards during service;
- To ensure the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate;
- To follow the clean back as set out by the Catering Manager;
- Attend functions and occasional one-offs during school holidays, evenings and weekends;
- Wear the uniform provided, to comply with Environmental Health and School’s guidelines;
- Promote the vision and ethos of the Schools;
- Attend training and development courses as required;
- Previous experience.
- Catering qualifications;
- Food hygiene certificate;
- Allergen awareness.
- Have a “can do” attitude.
- Be physically fit.
- Be a good team player.
- Be aware of all matters outlined in the Food, Hygiene and Safety mandate.
- Be able to carry out set tasks quickly and efficiently.
- To have good communication skills.
Go to the Dame Allan’s Schools website (Section: About/Vacancies) for all details.
Terms and Conditions
Monday to Friday, 07:00 till 14:00, 35 hours per week, term time only, September 2023 to June 2024.
Pro-rata £20,248.83 (FTE £25,366)
- The Schools operate a fee reduction package for children of staff members, subject to their meeting the Schools’ admissions criteria.
- All support staff may join our competitive employer contributions Pension Scheme.
- All staff receive free school lunches during term time including a wide selection of hot and cold menus every day.
- Training opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Access to a vibrant and friendly staff community including involvement in a variety of staff wellbeing groups, school trip travel opportunities and sports activities.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme.
- A formal contract, detailing terms and conditions, will be extended following completion of all safeguarding/ pre employment checks.
Dame Allan’s Schools were founded in 1705 by Dame Eleanor Allan, to provide a ‘proper education’ for boys and girls in Newcastle.
Now, over three hundred years later, strength is drawn from this heritage and Dame Allan’s is proud to provide an excellent education for young people from all cultures and backgrounds within a supportive environment. This is informed by the Schools’ Christian foundation and traditions, where pupils are encouraged to make the best use of their many and varied abilities.
Dame Allan’s are unique in the region as the only school following the pioneering Diamond Structure. In the state of the art Junior School and Nursery boys and girls learn together. At the age of 11, they move into the single sex Boys’ and Girls’ Schools, where they are taught separately leading up to their GCSE examinations. When the students begin their A-level studies they move into the co-educational sixth form. This system provides all of the benefits of single-sex education, combined with the social advantages of co-education.
We have two sites: our Junior School and Nursery at Hunter’s Moor and our Senior School and Sixth Form at Fenham in Newcastle upon Tyne.
We provide a positive working environment, competitive salary and benefits. We look forward to receiving your application!
Dame Allan’s Schools are committed to securing equality of opportunity through the creation of an environment in which all individuals are treated on the sole basis of their relevant merits and abilities. We aim to ensure that no current or former staff, job applications, pupils, parents and visitors receives less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, race or nationality, ethnic origin, skin colour, disability, political or religious beliefs, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, age, membership of a trade union, pregnancy or maternity.
The Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:
Dame Allans Schools
Dame Allan’s was founded in 1705 to provide quality education for boys and girls in Newcastle.
We are unique in the region as the only school following the pioneering Diamond Structure of education, which combines single-sex education within a co-educational setting.
In our Junior School and Nursery, boys and girls learn together. At the age of 11, they move into our single-sex Boys’ and Girls’ Schools, where they are taught separately leading up to their GCSE examinations.
When the students begin their A Level studies, they move into our co-educational Sixth Form.