Grade 3 SCP 4 - 6 (£23,114 - £23,893)
37 hours per week
12th Feb 2024
Responsible to: Estates Manager / Headteacher
• To provide maintenance and caretaking activities for the school site.
• To provide a safe, warm and purposeful environment.
• Maintain personal expertise, to be a role model and promote high expectations for all members of the academy community through your role within the structure.
• To model the values, ethos and vision of the Trust.
• Be aware of, comply and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting on all concerns to an appropriate person.
Specific responsibilities for this post:
• To lock / unlock school buildings and areas when required ensuring site is accessible when needed and secured correctly, following appropriate procedures, when not in use.
• To assist with regular security checks to identify security risks and carry out site inspections to ascertain maintenance requirements and report findings to the appropriate member of staff to ensure appropriate action can be undertaken.
• To carry out emergency cleaning duties in the absence of the cleaning staff to ensure hygiene standards are maintained consistently.
• To assist with the operation of alarm systems as appropriate and check that alarm systems are working correctly to meet with Health and Safety Regulations and procedures.
• In the event of emergencies, assist with temporarily securing premises e.g. board up broken windows etc.
• To assist with repairs and maintenance duties such as painting and repairing /maintaining fixtures and fittings erecting shelves etc. to ensure premises and fittings are safe and fit for purpose.
• To carry out simple plumbing repairs when required such as unblocking sinks and drains, replacing tap washers etc. to ensure sanitary faculties are in good working order.
• To assist with carrying out routine inspections of premises and grounds, fixtures, fittings etc.
• To assess maintenance/repair needs in accordance with health and safety legislation and take appropriate action regarding findings and remedial actions.
• To assist with operation and maintenance of the heating system to ensure a comfortable warm environment is provided for staff and students and also with consideration to energy observation.
• To assist with operation and maintenance of the lighting system ensuring light bulbs are replaced when required to ensure adequate lighting is maintained to meet with needs.
• To undertake emergency cleaning duties i.e. graffiti removal etc. when necessary to ensure the school is maintained to a high standard.
• To assist with clearing duties such as picking up litter, waste disposal and snow and ice clearing etc.to ensure the premises are clean are safe for all users.
Job Description and Person Specification
• To assist with maintenance and cleaning of all specialist sports equipment ensuring they are maintained to high standard.
• To carry out porter duties such as moving furniture etc. as required assisting with the efficient running of the school.
• To deal with emergency situations and administer First Aid, as necessary.
• To maintain and operate the school minibus in line with the trust’s fleet management requirements.
• To contribute and maintain the chose health and safety compliance systems in accordance with procedures.
• Maintain personal expertise, to be a role model and promote high expectations for all members of the school community through your role within the structure.
• To model the values, ethos and vision of the Trust.
• To contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the Trust.
• To maintain at all times, the utmost confidentiality with regard to all records, personal data relating to staff, pupils and other information of a sensitive or confidential nature.
• Attend relevant meetings as required.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, child protection, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Show a duty of care to pupils and staff and take appropriate action to comply with health and safety requirements at all times.
• Be aware of, and support, difference and ensure that all pupils have access to opportunities to learn and develop.
• Maintain good relationships with colleagues and work together as a team.
• Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
• To attend any training courses relevant to the post, ensuring continuing, personal and professional development.
• Demonstrate and promote commitment to equal opportunities and to the elimination of behaviour and practices that could be discriminatory.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
• The post-holder will be expected to contribute to the protection of children and vulnerable adults, as appropriate, in accordance with any agreed policies and/or guidelines, reporting any issues or concerns to their immediate line manager.
• The post-holder will be required to promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the work place. To include ensuring that the requirements of Health & Safety at Work Act, COSHH, and all other mandatory regulations are adhered to.
• To carryout duties with full regard to the Trust’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work Policy.
• An Enhanced Disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be undertaken before and appointment can be confirmed.