Behaviour Inclusion Support Staff
(Grade F, £25,409 - £27,852 pro rata to term time only, actual salary £21,671 - £23,754 per annum)
Ideally you wil work 37 hours per week, 8.15 - 4.15 Monday - Thursday and 8.15 - 3.45 on Fridays, term time only. We could offer some flexibility if you prefer part time hours.
11th Jul 2023
We seek to appoint a Behaviour Support Officer to cover a maternity leave until March 2024. This role is pivotal to the success of the young people at Whickham School as we believe that if we can positively influence pupils in regard to their behaviour and expectations of themselves, we can help them secure better outcomes for their future.
Ideally you wil work 37 hours per week, 8.15 – 4.15 Monday – Thursday and 8.15 – 3.45 on Fridays, term time only. We could offer some flexibility if you prefer part time hours. Please state if that is your preference on your application form. You may be required to work any time between 8:00am and 5:00pm (evening meetings, pupil drop off and training are in addition to this requirement).
Specific details regarding the role and skills and qualities that the successful candidate will need to demonstrate are in the attached job description and person specification. In addition to this we are looking for someone who:
- Understands and believes in the link between behaviour and achievement, and can ensure that all other stakeholders hold the same belief.
- Ensures that pupils understand the importance of engagement with education by building relationships with pupils and their families.
- Models school values and beliefs and challenges pupils positively and consistently when they are not upheld.
The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining our very high standards. This will involve a range of skills from tackling persistent poor behaviour and working with some particularly vulnerable pupils, to nurturing and supporting pupils who may be going through difficulties which have impacted their attendance at school, who therefore want to catch up.
Our aim is to ensure every young person is the best they can be and, whilst we have already achieved much in achieving our goal, we recognise that there is so much more we can do. We are proud of our good reputation within the region and positive feedback we receive from students, parents, staff and external organisations such as Ofsted.
Applications should be uploaded to the TES by 9am on Tuesday 11th July 2023 via the following link https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/behaviour-inclusion-support-staff-maternity-cover-gateshead-1888096.
What we offer:
- You’ll be part of a friendly and supportive team
- A flexible and proactive ethos
- We will invest in your training
- Generous pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme)
- Free, on-site parking with EV chargers available
- A supportive environment where work/life balance issues are considered carefully
- Access to school fitness facilities out of school hours
Whickham School is committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Whickham School is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Whickham School is a large and successful school in Gateshead with over 1700 students including approximately 350 in our high performing sixth form.Visit School Website