Behaviour and Attendance Administrator
Unity City Academy
£27,852 - £30,151 FTE Actual Salary: £23,813.46 - £25,779.10
14th Jul 2023
Behaviour and Attendance Administrator
Middlesbrough, CLEVELAND, TS3 8RE
Salary: NJC – 19 – 23 £27,852 – £30,151 FTE Actual Salary: £23,813.46 – £25,779.10 + AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional AET Benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week, TTO +5 PD days plus 10 days, 39 weeks per year
Start Date: September 2023 Start
Unity City Academy is a successful and growing provider of 11 to 16 education in the east end of Middlesbrough. The Academy has recently achieved an Ofsted “Good” rating in all categories and has over 900 students on roll, 64% of whom are pupil premium. UCA is part of AET which in turn means we have access to a wide range of training and educational opportunities.
Unity City Academy has an incredibly passionate staff body that strives to ensure that children do not just achieve academic excellence but that our students are worldwise, cultured and proud of their individuality.
As part of the UCA family you will have:
- A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
- Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs;
- A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
- The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
- The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
- The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
Access to Employee Benefits package which includes:
Healthcare scheme, BHSF, along with the Teachers’ Pension and Local Government Pension scheme. Employees have also had access to the government approved Child Care Voucher Scheme through Sodexo (if eligible).
Healthier employees and healthier families:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Online bike scheme
- Travel and leisure scheme
- Vivup Employee Assistance Programme
- Gym membership
- Affordable loan schemes
- Discount scheme – access the best deals from the UK’s major retailers, supermarkets, dining out, leisure activities and much more
- Financial advice
- Home electronics and mobile phone scheme
Unity City Academy has six maxims which drives our vision and aspirations. These are:
- Excellence is a habit: high expectations and high performance;
- Aim high: results without excuses;
- Individuals matter: equality and diversity;
- Community and family: people first;
- Worldwise: citizens of tomorrow;
- Culture: fun and fundamentals.
We are seeking to appoint a Behaviour and Attendance Administrator who will:
- Support the Attendance Officer in delivering their duties
- Assist in organising a daily check on students at risk from truanting and collate absence returns
- Register students if they arrive late for registration and carry out post registration truancy checks, ensuring that the Academy system of registration is correctly administered
- Assist in producing regular updates on student attendance for student managers and the extended leadership team
- Assist in producing and interpreting statistical data relating to attendance patterns of groups within the Academy
- Liaise with parents and staff to improve attendance rates and to be a point of contact for all attendance concerns in the Academy
- Participate in the development of the school reward system in relation to attendance
- Maintain constructive relationships with students/parents/carers when exchanging information, facilitating their support for their child’s attendance, access and learning and supporting home to Academy and community links
Carry out administrative duties, including minute taking.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
- Opportunities for further professional development
- Extra-curricular activities and facilities for staff
- A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant Academy community
Closing date: Friday 14th July 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
AET is recruiting for Teacher Training placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetschools.org/itt/ for further details.
Supporting documentsBehaviour and Attendance Administrator
Unity City Academy
Welcome to Unity City Academy where our vision is of a school in which staff and students have a determination to succeed, a love of learning, pride in the academy and a strength of character. We are committed to ensuring that all students are equipped with the academic and emotional skills which will allow them to lead successful and fulfilling lives.
All students follow a vision programme which aims to develop nine key character traits (curiosity, courage, empathy, enthusiasm, gratitude, integrity, resilience, self-belief and self-control). These character traits have been shown to boost academic performance and increase the chances of future success. Tutors and pupils work closely to develop these characteristics, tracking pupil progress throughout the year and intervening where necessary.
In addition to the character development which takes place in academic learning sessions, students are invited to take part in a range of extracurricular activities and enrichment. These sessions focus on developing character traits and additional skills which will complement students’ academic achievements. This offering is supplemented by three ‘Super Citizen Days’ which allow students to spend additional time developing their understanding of social norms, future opportunities and British values.Visit School Website