Unity City Academy
£18,869.49 - £20,024.90
Hours: TTO plus 5 PD days 39 weeks - full time, 37 hours
26th May 2023
Salary: NJC 11-14 (FTE – £22,129 – £23,484) – Actual Salary: £18,869.49 – £20,024.90
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: TTO plus 5 PD days 39 weeks – full time, 37 hours
Unity City Academy is a successful and growing provider of 11 to 16 education in the east end of Middlesbrough. The Academy has recently achieved an Ofsted “Good” rating in all categories and has over 900 students on roll, 64% of whom are pupil premium. UCA is part of AET which in turn means we have access to a wide range of training and educational opportunities.
Unity City Academy has an incredibly passionate staff body that strives to ensure that children do not just achieve academic excellence but that our students are worldwise, cultured and proud of their individuality.
As part of the UCA family you will have:
- A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
- Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs;
- A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
- The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
- The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
- The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
- Access to Employee Benefits package which includes:
- healthcare scheme, BHSF, along with the Teachers’ Pension and Local Government Pension scheme. Employees have also had access to the government approved Child Care Voucher Scheme through Sodexo (if eligible).
Healthier employees and healthier families
- Cycle to work scheme
- Online bike scheme
- Travel and leisure scheme
- Vivup Employee Assistance Programme
- Gym membership
- Affordable loan schemes
- Discount scheme – access the best deals from the UK’s major retailers, supermarkets, dining out, leisure activities and much more
- Financial advice
- Home electronics and mobile phone scheme
Unity City Academy has six maxims which drives our vision and aspirations. These are:
- Excellence is a habit: high expectations and high performance;
- Aim high: results without excuses;
- Individuals matter: equality and diversity;
- Community and family: people first;
- Worldwise: citizens of tomorrow;
- Culture: fun and fundamentals.
We are seeking to appoint an Attendance Officer. You will manage student attendance, ensuring the academy meets statutory obligations and academy targets in order to contribute to raising achievement.
- Lead on Attendance, carrying out and co-ordinating the administration of Attendance to improve attendance rates and achieve the highest standard of educational achievement possible.
- Have experience of maintaining confidentiality and handling matters with sensitivity and discretion
- Have experience of managing a heavy workload & conflicting priorities to deadlines whilst also be able to maintain accurate records
- Maintain constructive relationships with parents/carers when exchanging information, facilitating their support for their child’s attendance, access and learning and supporting home to academy and community links.
Be able to work effectively as part of a team
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Apply today.
Closing date: Friday 30th June 2023
Academies Enterprise Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a robust, fair and consistent recruitment process which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Supporting documentsAttendance Officer JD/PS
Unity City Academy
Welcome to Unity City Academy where our vision is of a school in which staff and students have a determination to succeed, a love of learning, pride in the academy and a strength of character. We are committed to ensuring that all students are equipped with the academic and emotional skills which will allow them to lead successful and fulfilling lives.
All students follow a vision programme which aims to develop nine key character traits (curiosity, courage, empathy, enthusiasm, gratitude, integrity, resilience, self-belief and self-control). These character traits have been shown to boost academic performance and increase the chances of future success. Tutors and pupils work closely to develop these characteristics, tracking pupil progress throughout the year and intervening where necessary.
In addition to the character development which takes place in academic learning sessions, students are invited to take part in a range of extracurricular activities and enrichment. These sessions focus on developing character traits and additional skills which will complement students’ academic achievements. This offering is supplemented by three ‘Super Citizen Days’ which allow students to spend additional time developing their understanding of social norms, future opportunities and British values.Visit School Website