Assistant Year Leader
NEAT Academy Trust
Band 10 £32,076 - £34,834 per annum (Actual salary £27,591 - £29,964)
Full time, 37 hours per week
22nd Jan 2024
These position are fixed term until 31st August 2024, and are term time only plus 5 additional days.
We are seeking to appoint individuals with experience working with children or young people within secondary education, who can support our senior leaders to develop and implement innovative and evidence-based strategies, interventions and systems. You will work to positively impact on key pupil outcomes, including behaviour and attendance.
We are looking for someone who can inspire and influence and who:
- Has experience working with children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Is able to relate well with young people and their families to form positive relationships to improve behaviour and attendance.
- Has an ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, on your own initiative but also as a member of a wider team.
Our school is one of seven primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East.
St Hild’s Church of England School is in an exciting phase of its development and has high ambition for its pupils. With a strong Christian ethos, we work effectively across the whole community to improve and enrich the lives of children.
In return we offer:
- A positive and caring Christian ethos.
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of the Local Government Pensions Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Irelands leading wellbeing provider.
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying job description and person specification and click apply now to complete an online application form no later than midnight on Monday 22nd January 2024.
Interviews are provisionally taking place on Friday 26th January 2024.
NEAT Academy Trust are committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website