Assistant Head of Sixth Form
Park View School
Salary + TLR2c
Required for September 2021
Do you want to join a highly successful, committed, student centred pastoral team?
Are you prepared to work hard with exceptional young people and staff committed to going the extra mile?
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, dynamic and committed leader who will play a significant part in the pastoral development of the school. The pastoral system is at the heart of Park View School and we would welcome applications from individuals with previous pastoral experience who can demonstrate excellent leadership experience and qualities, with the ability to inspire and motivate students and staff to achieve their very best in school regardless of their background or social circumstances.
The successful candidate will:
Have values that match that of the school’s:- excellence, integrity, pride, compassion, open-mindedness, kindness and participation for all;
- Be experienced in pastoral care in an educational setting and will have students’ best interests at the heart of their practice;
- Be passionate about the development of our fantastic students, fostering a first class environment where students of all backgrounds can thrive and achieve excellence academically, and also to support their social and emotional development;
- Have an awareness and understanding of the importance of character education;
- Have the ability to lead a team of form tutors and pastoral staff to ensure high standards of care, guidance and support;
- Be confident and professional in communicating with all school stakeholders: teaching staff, non-teaching staff, parents/carers and outside agencies;
- Be resilient and have the ability to use their initiative and make sound decisions in a calm and considered way whilst upholding the high standards expected for all in the school;
- The willingness to go above and beyond for our pupils.
The school is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and safety of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Please find attached all information relevant to this vacancy.
To apply for this post (vis Google Form) please click here
Closing date for applications to be received: 17th March 2021 by 8am
Park View School
Park View is a forward thinking, exciting and, most important of all, happy school where children of all abilities, aptitudes and social backgrounds achieve. This has given us a reputation for excellence within the locality of which we are exceptionally proud.
We have been at the heart of Chester-le-Street since 1911, first as the town’s grammar school and latterly as its largest Academy. Our roots in the community are long-established and inform all that we do: thus, although we are innovative and offer children a 21st Century education of real worth, we cherish and foster traditional values.
We passionately believe that all young people can achieve if challenged to do so, that each has in them special qualities, talents and strengths which it is the duty of true educators to develop. It is this moral imperative which drives us, providing an unflinching focus upon the continued improvement necessary for us to realise our ambition: to be an outstanding school which provides the very best educational experience for all in our care.
To succeed in our ambition, we work closely in partnership with parents and carers. We rely upon support from home and are delighted that the vast majority of our families make an unconditional commitment to trust their children to our care, reinforcing our standards by supporting school actions. It is this mutual trust which sits at the heart of the school and is one of our greatest strengths.
We have excellent transport links: the school is situated half a mile from Junction 63 of the A1(M) motorway, and the local train station is only 5 minutes walk from our main school site. Chester-le-Street also has a wide variety of leisure facilities, all within walking distance of our school.Visit School Website