Assistant Head of Year
NEAT Academy Trust
£24,948 - £26,845 per annum (£21,422 - £23,051 per annum)
Full time, 37 hours per week
1st Oct 2023
This post is term time only plus 5 training days.
Our school is one of six primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East. We have a national research school, which aims to build and strengthen networks of schools throughout the region and help them access effective education research and implement it in everyday practice.
Benfield School is a fully inclusive 11-18 school it has a distinct ethos with strong sense of support and loyalty. Excellent relationships between students and staff and a purposeful learning environment is evident in lessons and around the modernised site. With this foundation, students have a strong platform to be confident, happy and are able to achieve their aspiration.
We are seeking an individual with experience working with children or young people within secondary education, who can support the Head of Year to implement innovative and evidence-based strategies, interventions and systems to impact positively on key pupil outcomes.
We are looking for a someone who can inspire and influence and who has:
• Experience working with children with social, emotional or behavioural difficulties.
• An ability to respond positively and effectively to unexpected and challenging problems and situations and lead others to resolve or escalate.
• An ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, using your own initiative and also as a member of a team.
In return we offer:
• A positive and caring ethos with support from our employee assistance programme.
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
• A commitment to continuing professional development
• The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying job description and person specification, visit https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/Assistant_Head_of_Year/250997 and click ‘apply now’ to complete an online application form no later than midnight on Sunday 1st October 2023.
NEAT Academy Trust school is committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
NEAT Academy Trust
NEAT Academy Trust, usually known as NEAT, was formed in 2017 from an existing collaboration of schools within North East England.
Academy trusts are charitable companies set up to provide education for the public benefit. We are a “mixed” multi-academy trust as we were established to include both non-faith and Church of England schools.Visit School Website