Assistant Head of Sixth Form
Grade 7 - £25,499 - £27,338
Full Time - 195 Day contract
26th Jan 2024
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive individual to work alongside our Head of Sixth Form to ensure our students are able to achieve high standards of attendance, behaviour and outcomes.
Applicants will be highly motivated and have a passion to ensure that our learners achieve the very best that they can at all times. The core purpose of the role will be to uphold the core standards of pride, respect and achievement with all learners but also ensure that all students receive the highest standard of bespoke support.
As Assistant Head of Sixth the successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the day to day monitoring of attendance and intervention
- Identify students who require additional support to achieve their potential, liaising with colleagues and outside agencies as appropriate
- Be a point of contact for parental enquiries
- Have an understanding of Post 16 options and be able to advise students on progression pathways
- Work with the Head of Sixth Form on results days to ensure appropriate progression routes are in place for year 11 and year 13 leavers
- Assist the Head of Sixth Form with open evenings, assemblies and outreach events to promote the Sixth Form
- Have an understanding of the UCAS process and be able to support students through their application process
- Have an understanding of the guidance curriculum and work closely with tutors to deliver this effectively including planning the assembly rota
- Carry out monitoring and administration linked to sixth form including managing the 16-19 Bursary Scheme
- Take a lead on developing appropriate extra curricular activities that enhance progression opportunities
Burnside College is a good school, with outstanding sixth form provision. We put teaching and learning first and are committed to providing a high quality and inclusive learning experience for all. Furthermore, we are committed to the development of staff and you will be joining a supportive school with an excellent environment in which to continue your professional development.
If you would like more information about this post please contact Mrs N Stephenson, Assistant Headteacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit the application form accompanied by a covering letter, of no more than two sides of A4, in which you outline your experience and suitability for the post.
|Application Pack – Assistant Head of Sixth Form
|Application Form – Assistant Head of Sixth Form
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Application Pack - Assistant Head of Sixth Form
At Burnside our aim is simple, to be the best that we can be, both as individuals and as a community. We all work together to make our college the best it can be and share decisions about how to reach our potential. We believe in the strength and consistency of our three core values: pride, respect and achievement.
Pride: we take pride in all that we do, our work, the way that we present ourselves, and our actions.
Respect: we respect the thoughts, beliefs and personal qualities of those around us and act with kindness and tolerance, treating one another in a way that accepts that we are individuals and have separate thoughts, feelings and needs.
Achievement: we are resilient and determined; we don’t give up when we encounter problems we always try our best. We seek to be the best we can both personally and academically