Assistant Curriculum Leader of Maths
MPS/UPS £28,000 - £43,685 plus TLR2a £3,017 (*Pay Award Pending*)
20th Oct 2023
We are proud to offer an exciting opportunity to work at Burnside College. We’re looking to appoint an energetic and driven candidate who wishes to develop their leadership in a dynamic department. This is a full time, permanent post commencing on 1st January 2024.
Applicants will be highly motivated and have a passion to ensure that our learners achieve the very best that they can at all times. The core purpose of the role will be to uphold the fundamental standards of pride, respect and achievement with all learners but also ensure that all students receive the highest standard of bespoke support.
Burnside College is a good school, with outstanding sixth form provision. We are focused on our commitment to ensuring every student reaches their full potential in a calm and engaging environment. We provide a high quality teaching and learning experience with personalised CPD for all staff to support this, the best possible student support and the most appropriate and innovative curriculum.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and ambitious practitioners, and as one of two Assistant Curriculum Leaders for Maths, you will work closely with the Curriculum Leader of Maths in continuing to improve outcomes at all stages, including GCSE and A level.
This is an ideal post for somebody who would like to develop their leadership skills and who has aspirations of leading a Maths Department in the future.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Promote the highest possible standards of achievement in Maths for all students (including those for whom we receive a pupil premium, or those that have additional educational needs)
- Take on a supporting role within an agreed area of responsibility
- Ensure that students meet or exceed their target grades
- Support the Curriculum Leader of Maths in developing a vibrant and exciting curriculum for all learners
- Support the Curriculum Leader of Maths to lead, manage and develop other staff in the department
- Support the Curriculum Leader of Maths with departmental behavioural issues and tracking
As Assistant Curriculum Leader in Maths you will support the Curriculum Leader of Maths in producing and maintaining:
- Clear, written aims, plans and objectives
- An agreed Raising Achievement Plan
- Agreed schemes of work which include all students
- An agreed SEF evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- High quality assessment and feedback
- Clear, simple records on pupils’ progress
- Analysis of data & standards and how well different groups are doing
- Well deployed resources, including support staff and supply teachers
- Plentiful, accessible and high quality resources, often available online
If you would like an informal conversation about the post please contact Michelle King, Curriculum Leader for Maths, at email@example.com
|Application Pack – Assistant Curriculum Leader of Maths|
|Application Form – Assistant Curriculum Leader of Maths|
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Other Supporting Documents:Application Pack - Assistant Curriculum Leader of Maths
At Burnside our aim is simple, to be the best that we can be, both as individuals and as a community. We all work together to make our college the best it can be and share decisions about how to reach our potential. We believe in the strength and consistency of our three core values: pride, respect and achievement.
Pride: we take pride in all that we do, our work, the way that we present ourselves, and our actions.
Respect: we respect the thoughts, beliefs and personal qualities of those around us and act with kindness and tolerance, treating one another in a way that accepts that we are individuals and have separate thoughts, feelings and needs.
Achievement: we are resilient and determined; we don’t give up when we encounter problems we always try our best. We seek to be the best we can both personally and academically