Art and Design Technician
Newcastle High School for Girls
Full time equivalent salary: £22,795 - £27,681 (£19,099 - £23,193 pro rata)
Term Time only plus 10 days not in term time Mon – Fri, 8.00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
23rd Oct 2023
The North East’s leading independent girls’ day school has an exciting opportunity to appoint a creative, enthusiastic and practical Art and Design Technician to work alongside the teachers in the Art and Design department. The Art and Design Technician role is a term-time only role and includes a number of administrative and clerical duties in addition to technical and creative skills specific to the Art and Design department.
The successful applicant will possess good practical Art and Design skills, excellent administrative skills, including intermediate or higher-level ICT capabilities – including use of database applications, Photoshop and an interest in the Creative Arts. Inter-personal skills will be well developed as will the ability to prioritise, to meet tight deadlines and to follow both verbal and written instructions. NHSG is fully committed to providing training and support to the successful candidate.
The application process must be completed by our online portal. Please click on link below: –
About the School
NHSG is a leading academic day school. Our girls are ambitious, bright, enthusiastic and eager to learn and we offer a warm and supportive community. We occupy a site in the vibrant suburb of Jesmond, which is close to the city centre with excellent transport links. As part of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST), the UK’s leading network of independent girls’ schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive rate of pay and conditions.
- Membership of the GDST Flexible Pension Plan.
- Access to the extensive GDST central training and development programme.
- Training grants for obtaining further qualifications.
- Discounted fees for children at GDST schools.
- Free lunches and refreshments provided to all staff during term time.
- Free parking available for school staff.
- Season Ticket Loans: Interest free loans for travel are available to staff to enable them to buy annual season tickets.
- Computer Loans: Interest free loans are available to staff to enable them to buy a computer for personal use at home.
- Cycle Scheme: The School is part of the scheme which enables staff to purchase bicycles and equipment at a tax advantageous rate and pay for the equipment over 12 months.
- A great working environment, atmosphere and location.
Closing date: Monday 23rd October at noon. You must be available for interview week commencing 6th November 2023.
The NHSG and GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
NHSG and GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, online searches and the DBS. Applications will be considered only from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.
Newcastle High School for Girls
Newcastle High School for Girls is one of the North East’s leading independent girls’ day schools. Founded in 2014 following the merger of two very long standing predecessor schools, NHSG is a state-of-the-art, modern school with a tradition and history stemming back almost 150 years.
We are an all through school (ages 3-18) with around 250 girls in the Junior School and 450 in the Senior School, including 150 in the Sixth Form, who, together with around 150 staff, make up a friendly and welcoming community.
The Junior and Senior Schools occupy their own separate campuses around a mile apart and the role will require working at both locations. Our two campuses are situated within the suburban, leafy, areas of Jesmond and Sandyford, both with excellent transport links to the Tyne & Wear Metro and bus services from across the region.Visit School Website