Afterschool Club Supervisor
Dame Allans Schools
Mon - Fri, 15:30 - 18:00
26th Feb 2024
The School’s are looking to employ an After School Care Supervisor to provide a safe space for pupils to study or unwind after school hours, until they are collected by a parent or recognised adult.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Interact with pupils during after school care sessions;
● Ensure pupils sign in and out of the provision;
● Ensure pupils are collected by a parent or an adult known to the schools;
● Ensure pupils are well behaved. Minor incidents of poor behaviour may be dealt with with a quiet word but more
serious incidents are reported;
● Organise and tidy the lost property;
● Ensure the hall is left in good order at the end of each session;
● Organise and oversee any emergency evacuation of the hall if necessary;
● Provide emergency first aid (training will be given as necessary) as and when required, using the first aid bag
provided and contacting other first aiders for assistant as required;
● To comply with health, safety and hygiene regulations as laid down within the Schools’ policies and report any
problems to your line manager;
● To work in a clean and tidy manner;
● Work in such a way to promote the ethos and vision of the Schools;
● Attend training and development courses, when required;
● To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required commensurate with the post;
● Understand and ensure procedures for child protection, safeguarding, health and safety and confidentiality
procedures are adhered to;
● Undertake annual safeguarding training and adhere to Schools’ safeguarding procedures;
● Maintain strict confidentiality of all information belonging to the Schools. It is important, and a condition of
employment, that information of any kind is treated confidentially and not disclosed or used other than as authorised
and in the proper performance of the Schools’ business.
● Previous experience in childcare, youth work or education.
● Previous work in schools.
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
• Good communication skills.
Ready to Apply?
1. Please read the Application and Recruitment process on our website along with the Recruitment and Privacy Notice.
2. Complete the Employment Application form.
3. Complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form.
4. Email your completed application form along with your covering letter to HR@dameallans.co.uk by the closing date
The closing date for applications is noon on Monday, 26 February 2024.
Supporting documentsApplication Form
Dame Allans Schools
Dame Allan’s Schools are the only schools in the North East following the ‘diamond structure’ of education, which combines both coeducational and single-sex education: boys and girls educated together in the Junior School, separately between the ages of 11 and 16 and together again in the Sixth Form.
This structure offers the benefits of single-sex education combined with the social and cultural merits of a co-educational environment.
Across the Schools, we also provide a rich mixture of experiences for pupils to develop academic, sporting, artistic, leadership and other talents. This encourages pupils from the age of three to 18 to develop an awareness of their individual strengths and to make full use of them.Visit School Website