Grade 3 (4-6) £ £21,189 to £21,968
37 hours per week
19th Oct 2023
Generic responsibilities :
- Maintain personal expertise, to be a role model and promote high expectations for all members of the Academies communities through your role within the structure.
- To model the values, ethos and vision of the Trust.
- Be aware of, comply and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting on all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To maintain at all times the utmost confidentiality with regard to all financial reports, records, personal data relating to staff, pupils and other information of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- To be based at the school reception desk.
- To provide high standards of telephone and reception skills when communicating with outside agencies, parents/carers, governors, staff and pupils.
- To provide a professional image when greeting visitors and other stakeholders.
- To prioritise telephone calls and visitor queries and deal with all requests appropriately, accurately record messages and signpost as required.
- To ensure visitor signing in procedures are followed correctly including safeguarding checks.
- To open, sort and distribute incoming mail and also deal with all outgoing mail, including taking deliveries to the post office as required.
- To co-ordinate data collection sheets as required, ensuring a smooth process is adopted of sending forms home to parents, monitoring returns and updating information in SIMS to ensure an accurate record is kept at all times.
- To assist with the processing and updating of free school meal/ pupil premium data.
- To assist with pupil admissions and pupil transfers including class/ group allocation, CTF files and hardcopy files.
- To ensure staff pigeon holes are updated regularly with leavers/new starters.
- To support the Office and Data Manager with whole school attendance. Inputting the pupil attendance information on SIMS in a timely manner.
- To maintain office stationary levels.
- To assist with new intake including processing consent forms.
- To manage Educational Visits booking process, including obtaining quotes, making provisional bookings, recording pupil numbers and PP calculations.
- To maintain stock/asset register and manage annual stock check in conjunction with the Network Manager.
- In conjunction with the school education team and senior leaders, to lead on the school’s co-curricular provision including:
– Communication with parents
– Creating and managing bookings
– Monitor payments
– Creating reports and registers
Finance and Equipment
- Undertaking routine financial administration as required; school float, school events, income etc.
- Processing milk returns.
- Processing school meals returns.
Job Description and Person Specification
- In conjunction with the Office Manager, assist in processing and recording purchase orders, travel claims, etc.
- Be familiar with the operation, use and interpretation of computer-based financial management systems.
- Recording and reporting readings from photocopying equipment.
- Operating relevant equipment / ICT packages, e.g. Word, Excel, databases etc.
- Monitoring and refreshing stock levels.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide refreshments for meetings and visitors and clear away afterwards.
- To ensure approved catering orders are collected and ready as per request.
- To deal with all stakeholder enquiries.
- To administer first aid.
- To use booking system to book rooms, reprographic requests and maintenance requests.
- Understand and comply with GDPR.
- Ensure that equalities and diversity are mainstreamed in all aspects of the role.
- Promote good customer care practice in your work. Ensure that services are customer focussed. Ensure complaints are dealt with openly and fairly. Actively seek the views of customers and staff. Provide services that are fair and accessible to all.
- To liaise with external organisations representing the school in an efficient and professional manner.
- To provide pastoral care to children throughout the school day as required.
- The post-holder will be expected to undertake any appropriate training provided by the Trust to assist them in carrying out any of the above duties.
- The post-holder will be expected to contribute to the protection of children and vulnerable adults, as appropriate, in accordance with any agreed policies and/or guidelines, reporting any issues or concerns to their immediate line manager.
- The post-holder will be required to promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the work place. To include ensuring that the requirements of Health & Safety at Work Act, COSHH, and all other mandatory regulations are adhered to.
- To carryout duties with full regard to the Trust’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work Policy.
- An Enhanced Disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be undertaken before any appointment can be confirmed.