Jobs in Schools has been designed to bring all of the vacancies in schools in the North East together in one place. Candidates can find the best jobs in the North East – from this home grown jobs board, created to match local talent with the vacancies in our region.
The majority of vacancies in the North East are filled by local candidates. It makes perfect sense that there is a tailor-made solution – great news for candidates and a cost-effective tool for schools.
Jobs in Schools is a new jobs portal, powered by Schools North East and the schools in our region. This jobs board is a not-for-profit and enables schools to benefit from huge financial savings on their national recruitment spends.
The future for local candidates is in Jobs in Schools | North East.
Why use this site
Jobs in Schools North East has been created with the best interests of schools and candidates at its heart. Find out what this means below:
How candidates benefit
- All vacancies in North East schools in one place
- The best teaching jobs from local schools
- Leadership opportunities for teachers who are seeking career progression
- Sign up for job alerts and be notified when new jobs are posted
- User friendly search criteria to identify the type of role, salary and school
- Search geographically or by Local Authority Area
- Easy online application – sent only to the school candidates are applying to
- Not just academic posts – administrative, business and facilities roles too
- Vacancies for newly qualified teachers
How schools benefit
Research shows that schools in the North East collectively spend more than £2m on advertising jobs, via national or non-specialist jobs websites, putting even more pressure on already strained budgets. Jobs in Schools | North East will benefit local schools with an all-round solution to attracting and retaining talent in the North East:
- Perfect for recruiting teachers, leaders and support staff
- Act as a one-stop-shop for all recruitment needs within schools
- Schools can showcase themselves as employers, to profile their establishments and to promote incentives to potential candidates such as additional CPD;
- Access quality candidates from the widest regional talent pool;
- Save money for schools by offering cost effective solutions, reducing the need for national advertising;
- Reach a wide audience of candidates applying for jobs within commuting distance
- Collectively contributing to retaining teaching talent within the region.
- Reduce the need to re-advertise posts – saves time and money
“I have used Jobs in Schools | North East for several years and find the site very easy to use. One of the advantages I find is that jobs are posted instantly. We get a very good response from adverts placed on this site and find it excellent value for money.”
Alison Jefferson, Director of Resources at Durham Trinity School